Friday, May 23, 2008

One of the biggest events going on in the Stewart Household is Tyson spent some time last week in Primary Childrens Hospital. He was diagnosed with Kawasaki Disease. No, it is not related to motorcycles. It is a virus that attacks kids blood vessels and heart. We feel so blessed that we caught it in time and so far no damage has been done to his heart. He was so brave and tough. I could not have been prouder of him. Now it is just an aspirin a day, and weekly trips to the Doctors for some blood draws. He is a trooper!




5 comments:

Tracie said...

That sounds scary! It is something he will have forever, or just till he fights it off? I hate having to go to Primary's. I just hate my kids being that sick that thier Doctor can't take care of them. I'm glad your back, I was wondering how you were doing. We have a mutual friend. Adam and Francine Wright live in our ward. Adam asked us the other day how we knew your husband, we said we had never meet him but knew Amy. He said your husband is a great guy and he really respects him. I'm glad you found someone worthy of you. Love you tons. Dan and Tracie

Kristine Watterson said...

So glad that Tyson is okay, lots of love from the Wattersons to the Stewarts...

Mandi said...

He is an amazing kid and you are one strong mom! I love you guys. Thanks for the playdate, we had a blast

Amy said...

I'm so glad he's doing better. When you told me the other day I got the biggest lump in my throat! I'm so sorry you guys all had to go through that but I'm grateful he's doing ok. Any update on his blood/how much longer for the blood draws? It was good to talk to you!

Sharon said...

So sad Tyson has to go through all that. I hope he continues to do well. Love you guys.